Once located at Bartlett’s Corner, the Sandy Hill Meeting House was Amesbury first building of worship. Dismantled in 1848, there is a commemorative marker placed located just above the intersection of Route 110 and Main Street. The plaque on the boulder reads, “First Meeting House in Amesbury was erected on this spot in 1165. TIA 1894.”
The land was purchased by the town in 1663 as another burying ground and is now part of Union Cemetery.
For more information please visit the Macy-Colby House page on the Sandy Hill Meeting House.