The Amesbury Improvement Association is a group of residents dedicated to the betterment of the community. The AIA has a record of over 150 years of service to the people of Amesbury—120 years under its present name—and is the oldest civic organization in Amesbury. Few people realize the accomplishments of the Association, for they have always been conducted without fanfare.
The AIA strives to meet the following objectives:
- To awaken and encourage in the community a sentiment which will act for the common interest.
- To create and stimulate in the individual a lively regard for the improvement of the community.
- To improve streets, sidewalks, and public grounds.
- To protect natural scenery.
- To build up and beautify Amesbury to increase its attractiveness.
- To preserve the historical spots and memories of the community and transmit the same to our descendants.
It is our hope that through volunteerism and education, citizens, businesses and leaders of Amesbury will take an active role in helping to continue the mission of the Amesbury Improvement Association.